Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Repeal ObamaCare now!

I extremely disappointed to see my congressman, Jim Matheson, missing from the list of statesmen who voted to repeal ObamaCare this week.

Until this year, my employer has provided health insurance to its employees for $30 per month plus a $10 co-pay for each doctor visit. This year, thanks to changes needed to bring the company's insurance plan into compliance with ObamaCare and its increased cost to my employer, my share of the cost for health insurance has ballooned to $238 per month (nearly an 800% increase) plus a $15 co-pay (a 50% increase). That's at least an additional $2,496 I must pay this year -- if my wife and I never see the doctor!

If I could keep that $2,496 (it's my money -- not Obama's, not Pelosi's, not Reid's), could I not pay my own medical bills, help my family with theirs, and even donate to charity to help others pay their medical bills? This really isn't about whether medical bills get paid, it's about government control over how money is distributed.

ObamaCare is unacceptable for countless reasons. Among them is the simple fact that it already has made health insurance substantially more expensive. But, the most important reason ObamaCare must be repealed is the simple fact that Congress has absolutely no constitutional authority (Constitution, Article 1, Section 8) to impose this burden on the States and on the People.

I am confident that every member of Congress knows that most of what Congress does is unconstitutional. I expect every politician to live up to his sworn duty to be faithful to the US Constitution. There is no public record that they swear an oath of fealty to a political party or platform or to a party leader, or even to the president. Instead, they swear an oath to the Constitution. That is why I wanted to see my congressman vote to repeal ObamaCare.

By voting with Pelosi, as he does 93% of the time, Jim Matheson betrayed us all -- and the Constitution.

Repeal ObamaCare now!



No comments:

Post a Comment